Monday, September 23, 2019

Weekly Update 9-23-19

Hello Fourth Grade Families,

You may have heard that last week we got to meet our teacher assistant. Her name is Amanda Dykehouse and she is a junior at Calvin. I can already tell that she is going to be a great fit for our students! Look for a letter of introduction from Ms. Dykehouse in folders this week! Here is a sneak peek:

My name is Amanda Dykehouse, and I am currently a junior at Calvin University studying elementary education. I grew up in Grand Rapids and graduated from Forest Hills Central. I want to become a teacher because of my love of children and my hope of having a positive impact on the lives of my students. I have thoroughly enjoyed my previous opportunities to be a part of a classroom, as well as a camp counselor. When I graduate, I am hoping to teach abroad for several years.

Spirit Week
It’s Homecoming Spirit Week!  Here are the dress-up theme days:
Monday – Pajama Day
Tuesday – Career Day
Wednesday – Wizard Day
Thursday – Inside Out Day
Friday – East Spirit Day

Variety Show
All forms are due by September 27, 2019 to the main office or Mrs. Sawade.  Rehearsals will be October 7th and 8th from 3:30 - 6:00 PM.      

When Wednesday, October 9 at 12:45 PM for Wealthy Elementary students
Thursday, October 10 at 6:30 PM for family and guests

Where: Pioneer Auditorium at Wealthy Elementary School
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Sawade at lsawade@egrps.org.

Act:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nqQmk7VKlEwLYdQjtCxuR-uXsB59sn5QNaYauS8M2mM/edit
Crew:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YLapH3hVTValDthxGf_ITBm40f38TBBIPcWxoVXC8co/edit