Friday, September 11, 2015

Friday News 9-11-15- First of the year!

Hello Second Grade Families,
This is the first edition of our weekly Friday News. I will post each week to share pictures and events from our classroom. The easiest way to get this news is to "follow" the blog. This will email you each time a new post is made. I have noticed many of you are new followers (Hi! And thanks!) and some have had trouble finding the "follow" bar. I realized that the mobile site doesn't have a place to do this. So, if you tried to follow from your phone, it would be impossible to figure out! Try again from a computer and PLEASE contact me with any questions! I will have Chromebooks available to help you do this at our Parent Information Night (Sept 22 at 5:15) as well. I apologize for any confusion.

We had an AWESOME first week of school. I can't believe what a nice group of kids this is. I feel very fortunate to have all of your children in my class this year. We had fun learning about classroom procedures, Wealthy's TEAM expectations, class rules, and many other things. It is always hard to squeeze everything into the first week of school, Next week will be a continuation of many of the things we did this week. We made sure to take a few brain breaks with GoNoodle and give our bodies time to adapt to the long school day.

Today I am sending home our very first Scholastic Book Order in your child's yellow communication folder. If you are interested in purchasing books, please return the order form and a CHECK (no cash please!) to school by Monday September 21. You can also order online by visiting https://clubs2.scholastic.com/ and using our class code HB4N7
We LOVE Scholastic in room 201 because they send free books to our classroom with most purchases. We also save bonus points to purchase new items for our class.

Happy together in our classroom communities:





Please contact me if you have any questions about the first week of school, I can already tell this is going to be the BEST YEAR EVER!


Have a great weekend,
SG

No comments:

Post a Comment