Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Listen to us sing!

Happy Earth Day!

As I mentioned earlier this week, we have enjoyed celebrating National Poetry Month by visiting Amy Ludwig Vanderwater's The Poem Farm to play a fun game called Sing That Poem!

A blurb from Amy that explains the game:
This month at The Poem Farm, you will find a game called Sing That Poem! Every day I will post a new poem written to match the meter of a well-known song....but I'm not telling which song.  You can print the Sing That Poem! PDF below or just look at the song titles in the sidebar here to match each day's poem with the song it was inspired by.  I'll post a recording each next day with the answer to the previous day's poem/song match, and you can sing right along if you wish. My goal in this project is to stretch my writing muscles into new meters and to have some fun too. 

We have had so much fun guessing, but haven't yet been able to figure out a song that matches one of the daily poems.

Today we tried really hard to figure it out...and we were successful! We discovered that Amy's 'Earth Day Song' poem was written to the tune of Oh My Darling Clementine.

Here is a video of us singing the poem...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtrOJK7UeUc



No comments:

Post a Comment